As Chairperson of the Board, assure that the Board of Trustees fulfills its responsibilities for the governance of the Institution.Responsibilities:
1. Is a member of the Board
2. Serves as the Chief Volunteer of the organization (nonprofit only)
3. Is a partner with the Chief Executive in achieving the organization's mission
4. Provides leadership to the Board of Directors, who sets policy and to whom the Chief Executive is accountable.
5. Chairs meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the Chief Executive.
6. Encourages Board's role in strategic planning
7. Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
8. Serves ex officio as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited.
9. Discusses issues confronting the organization with the Chief Executive.
10. Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
11. Reviews with the Chief Executive any issues of concern to the Board.
12. Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
13. Plays a leading role in fundraising activities (nonprofit only)
14. Formally evaluates the performance of the Chief Executive and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
15. Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission.
16. Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.
Source: Free Management Library